Thursday, September 18, 2008

Still away from home

I want to thank all the sweets emails, prayers and comments!! they bless me very much.
I am still away but my husband went to Houston to see the house. We are blessed and the house is perfect. There is not power yet and the fence got knock out but we didn't have water damage or any problems on the roof (like many many others)

I found in my purse a little flash card with pictures I took before leaving. This one with all the canvases I bought.I miss painting so much... Eric (my husband) is going to bring me some canvases and paint, yay!
You can see in the picture my 5 year old daughter Grace. She almost gave me a heart attack today when she decided to leave the house I was visiting and walk to my MIL's house by herself because she needed a Kleenex.
The house was FULL of kids (11) and it was easy not to notice her, I felt so bad! Grace is good now, I have to explain many things to her.
I hope to be posting some new paintings soon, my next one should be "Lost and Found"

8 comments:

purplecat said...

So glad you are safe and your home is in one piece, what a blessing!
I can imagine it is very hard to be away from your paints etc, I miss it when I am on holiday and then I am so busy, but its like a yearning isn't it?

Niki Jackson said...

So glad to hear your home is in one piece and wow all those canvases! I can't wait to see your next painting. xxx

Carol B. said...

Adri, soooo glad to know you and your home are doing fine! I hope you will be able to go back to your home soon.
God Bless!

Diane Duda said...

I have been worrying. So glad to hear that all is well.
Glad Grace is safe, too. Isn't that just the scariest feeling in the world!

xo
Di

Amy Short said...

Oh I am so glad your house is fine! I have been thinking about you tons and wondered how you all were. I wish I had that many canvases to paint...hope you will be off and painting soon.

I KNOW what it feels like having your little one leave the house without anyone noticing because my 2 year old decided to do that one day and I was on the computer (oh the guilt!) when my 4 year old said, "Mom, Ben left the house!" I ran out of the house to find him 3 doors down the street running away from mommy and laughing the whole way! We now have a lock at the very top of the door! Glad your daughter is safe and sound. Phew!!

:o)
Amy

Corin@ said...

Adri:
¡Me alegro mucho que estén bien!!
DTB
Cori

Pam Mattick Art and Stuff said...

Happy to hear you are all ok.
Hugs,
Pam

Vickie said...

I'm so glad your home made it through the storm. I hope you can get your family back there soon and life will get back to normal. It's so stressful to be unsettled. I'm glad you have a nice place to stay and that Grace is safe.