Thursday, March 19, 2009

Fun Project

I wanted to show you something that I am doing between commissions.
I bought a pattern from "The Cart Before the Horse" and I am having so much fun with it.
This is a cheater quilt.
I saw all the lines with my sawing machine.Now I am very close to finish it!

I am going to take some time off from working on commissions. I have so many projects I want to do.

You can see all the paper mache boxes I bought an eternity ago but between my arm and custom orders I haven't been able to start yet.
I have so many ideas in my head!

The other day I bought a book that I really like and I wanted to share it with you if you want to learn about techniques. I first borrowed this book from the library and I like it so much that I had to buy it. "The New Artist's Manual"


Bye for now ♥♥♥

10 comments:

America Alcala said...

Wow...love the quilt and I wish I had the time that you have to do so many projects! My head is also full of ideas and sometimes I wish I had a clone! lol

Once Upon A Blue Crow said...

That's a lot of sewing huh?! I can't wait to see it when it's finished.
I'm hoping my library has that book there. I want to peek at it!

Patricia Williams said...

This is lovely. Glad you don't let commissions, injuries or anything else keep you from making your own fun creations! Keep them coming!

snippetgirl said...

That quilt is going to be awesome!!! I can't wait to see it. I just love the look of those cheater quilts.
I wish there were more hours in the day so we could do commissions AND what we are simply inspired to create.
Best wishes~~

Flor Larios Art said...

Hi Adri,
I love that quilt...I saw it on ebay for sale...I dont have a sewing machine...is it possible to do it by hand...or is it to hard?
Thanks for letting us know about the book... I will look for it...
Keep up the good work!
Flor

Adriana Whitney said...

Thank you for the sweet comments girls!
America, I wish I have a clon too! I also have 3 kids and a husband but I trade hours of sleep for painting.
Flor, I did some by hand because sometimes the details are hard to work with the machine. You don't have to saw everything if you don't want to either. I think is possible to do it by hand.

Anonymous said...

Really beautiful work. Great job!

Jo James said...

It looks great so far!
Thank you for sharing in-progress pics :)
You're doing a wonderful job!

Heather said...

oh! the quilt looks so pretty! How do you do a cheater quilt? I'll have to look up that site!~

Adriana Whitney said...

Hi Heather, I bought the pattern from the artist who commented above you, Jo James from "Cart before the horse" they sell them on ebay.