Saturday, March 30, 2013

Inspiration

When I show on fairs, shows and any kind of market I'm always asked the same question. Where does your inspiration comes from? Inspiration comes from so many different places.It can be a movie, a chat, another artist, your kids and even a vision in your head.
Sometimes and art call from a gallery or art collective drives you to get inspired by the title of the call. In my case the next paintings comes from the fast approaching call for art "Director's Cut" there is going to be one here where I live in Houston and the other show in California.


This is a WIP (work in Progress) of "Sam" from the movie "Moonrise Kingdom"
This is also a practice of the new oil techniques I learnt  In this case it is oil rub technique. Working wet on wet but not being "alla prima technique".
So, Where does inspiration comes from? for me each painting has it's own story.

No comments: